- "Information" information, data, content, analysis, news, reports, programmes, photographs, pictures, graphics, video, audio, software and other materials and services, communications, transmissions and other items, tangible or intangible
- "personal data" personally identifying information or sensitive data (including but not limited to names, addresses, occupations, contacts, and other personal details)
- "HKSTP", "we", "our" or "us" Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP)
- "HKSTP Affiliates", "our Affiliates" HKSTP's agents or licensors, and their respective agents, officers, affiliates and employees
- "Third Party Provider" any provider of information or services on the Website other than HKSTP
- "users", "you" or "your" any person who accesses the Website
- "Website" www.hkstp.org and other website(s) from time to time hosted by HKSTP
2. Changes to Website
We may, in our sole discretion and at any time, without notice to you, add to, amend or remove any Information from the Website, or alter the presentation, substance, or functionality of the Website.
3. User's Conduct
As a condition of your use of the Website, you must not: trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorised by us; restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website; post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable Information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law; post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding; post or transmit any Information or software which contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful component; post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any Information obtained through the Website for commercial purposes; or upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, Information obtained through the Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner or right-holder.
4. Third Party Information
The Information may contain Information provided by Third Party Providers or sourced by HKSTP from other references or sources. The Information on the Website may not be regarded as any recommendation or endorsement by HKSTP for any purpose with respect to any person, product or service.
HKSTP is not responsible if any such Information is not up-to-date; HKSTP does not separately verify such Information. Accordingly we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such Information. Any use of and reliance on such Information is at your own risk.
5. Links to and from the Website
The links on the Website may take you to other sites and you acknowledge and agree that HKSTP and the HKSTP Affiliates have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of any Information provided by linked websites.
Links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement by HKSTP of such websites or the Information, products, advertising or other materials available on those websites.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of the Website belong to HKSTP or have been lawfully licensed to HKSTP for use on the Website. All rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved. Except with the express permission of HKSTP, you are not allowed to upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of the Website itself or create derivative works with respect thereto, as the Website is copyrighted under applicable laws.
You agree that we are free to use, disclose, adopt and modify all and any ideas, concepts, knowhow, proposals, suggestions, comments and other communications and information provided by you to us ("Feedback") in connection with the Website and/or Services without any payment to you. You hereby waive and agree to waive all and any rights and claims for any consideration, fees, royalties, charges and/or other payments in relation to our use, disclosure, adoption and/or modification of any or all of your Feedback.
8. Limited Liability and Warranty
All Information is for your general reference only. HKSTP do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such Information.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE." THE WEBSITE IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES ON MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE, IS RE-PERFORMANCE OF DEFECTIVE SERVICES. IN JURISDICTIONS WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF LIABILITY, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE DO NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY MATERIAL, PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH US OR OUR WEBSITE. WE ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY.
Neither HKSTP nor any of the HKSTP Affiliates shall guarantee or assume any responsibility that: the Information on the Website is accurate, adequate, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference; the Information on the Website is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment; messages sent through the internet will be free from interception, corruption or loss; access to the Website will be available or be uninterrupted; or defects in the Website will be corrected.
In no event will the HKSTP or the HKSTP Affiliates be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including any loss of business or profit, arising out of any use, or inability to use, the Information, even if HKSTP or the HKSTP Affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You will exercise and rely solely on your own skill and judgment in your use and interpretation of the Information. You are responsible to ensure that your use of the Information complies with all applicable legal requirements.
10. Partial Invalidity
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All users of HKSTP Logos are required to submit your request via HKSTP Logos Usage Request Form to obtain prior authorization from HKSTP.
Approval of the application for the use of the Logos (“Approval”) is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of HKSTP, and submission of the Form does not constitute an Approval. Approval may or may not be subject to conditions to be imposed by HKSTP.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Logos are the sole property of HKSTP, and shall not be used without prior written authorization of HKSTP. Authorization to use the Logos is restricted to the applicant named in this Form. The applicant must duly complete all fields and submit the Form to HKSTP at least five working days prior to the proposed first day of use of the Logos as specified in this Form. HKSTP may, at its option, take legal action for any use of the Logos without Approval and/or fulfillment of conditions to be imposed on the Approval without prior notice.
2. HKSTP shall be entitled to immediately terminate, revoke, modify or suspend the Approval and any rights arising out of or in connection with the Approval (including the imposition of condition(s)), in whole or in part, without cause, liability, compensation or prior notice, and HKSTP may exercise such right at its sole and absolute discretion at any time.
3. Approval will only be granted on a project basis and the name of such project shall be identified in the Form. The Logos shall under no circumstances be used for or attached to other projects/ programs, initiatives, or uses without specific prior written consent or Approval of HKSTP. The applicant must immediately cease to use the Logos and all materials containing the Logos, as well as remove and delete the Logos from all their properties and media, including but not limited to their electronic records, after the applicant completes, terminates or withdraws from the project as specified in the Form.
4. By making the application, the applicant agrees and undertakes, inter alia:
- to, if Approval is granted, observe and be bound by the terms and conditions hereof, the Corporate Identity Guideline as set out in the Appendix, and such amendments thereto made by HKSTP from time to time. ;
- that HKSTP is entitled to terminate any prior approval of the use of the Logos by the applicant without any liability or compensation;
- to immediately cease the use of the Logos on/upon (i) the end date of the project as set out in the Form, (ii) completion of the project, (iii) termination of the project, (iv) withdrawal from the project, or (v) request of HKSTP, whichever is the earlier;
- to submit the final layout of materials proposed to use the Logos to HKSTP for approval not less than 2 working days prior to the publishing of the material(s) and not to publish or otherwise use any material(s) bearing the Logos without HKSTP’s specific prior written approval. Such approval shall be granted by HKSTP at its sole and absolute discretion; and
- that the Form, the terms and conditions hereof together with the Appendix shall be subject to and construed according to laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Hong Kong courts.
Should you have any queries about HKSTP logos usage or obtaining the HKSTP Logos Usage Request Form, please email email@example.com.