Senior Manager (Biomedical Technologies - Medical Devices) [HKSTP/CMBTMD/220916]
16 Sep 2022 - 29 Sep 2022
About Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation
With a 20-year history of transforming lives through innovation, technology and entrepreneurship, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (“HKSTP”) has been propelling success for the most creative minds and innovators around the globe, accelerating ambitions and delivering positive impact from Hong Kong to the Greater Bay Area, and to the world.
HKSTP is constantly expanding the ecosystem and providing value-added services with wide range of dedicated facilities, state-of-the-art equipment and support services – which cover over 1,100 technology companies, near 18,000 working population, and over HK$10 billion R&D spending within our premises.
Igniting Hong Kong’s strong enterprising spirit, here is where the Future is Created, Talent Flourishes, and Innovations are Found.
- Formulate and implement short-term and long-term strategies in setting up policies, guidelines and value-added services related to biomedical technologies specifically in medical devices;
- Develop new business network by soliciting support from internal and external stakeholders in order to build up a vibrant medical device ecosystem;
- Execute commercial plan in the areas of new tenancy pipeline generation, due diligence analysis, direct client relationship management and collaboration activities management;
- Manage the medical device accounts including conducting due diligent studies of applicants, drive various programmes aiming to support the ecosystem development of medical device sector, support the business development for Medical Device Testing Lab, facilitate business collaborations to assist technology commercialization, and catalyze technology and business development of partners/park companies;
- Collect market intelligence data in medical device industry and establish close relationship with relevant local and overseas government agencies, universities, research institutions, venture capital communities, trade associations and professional bodies;
- Assist in developing infrastructure (including equipment, space and manpower resources), laboratory and other services per park companies’ demands to support R&D towards productization and regulatory clearance;
- Support the planning, coordination and analysis of survey/studies on marketing needs, cliental requirements and customer satisfaction; and
- Prepare Board papers and perform any other duties as assigned.
- A postgraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering or other related engineering / science disciplines;
- With 12 years of relevant research and work experience in R&D in medical devices, preferably with the exposure in business network development / operation;
- In-depth knowledge of one or more medical devices subspecialties (e.g. medical imaging, implants, AI empowered MedTech solutions, software as medical device, IVDD, etc.);
- Exposure to North America, Europe or Mainland China R&D environment is an added advantage;
- Aggressive, dynamic, mature and have a flair for entrepreneurship with astute interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- A proven track record of accomplishment in medical device R&D and having a professional network of contacts in the region and/or overseas;
- Good team spirit and excellent planning, organization and problem solving skills; and
- A good command of English and Chinese, written and verbal (including Mandarin), with good presentation skills.
What We offer
- Unique Work.Live.Play.Learn culture in Hong Kong’s largest Innovation & Technology ecosystem
- 5-day work week, attractive annual leave and additional special leave
- Medical benefits including dental and annual check-up from Day-1, with extended coverage to dependent(s)
- Professional training and career advancement opportunities
- Accessible to various bus service with network across different locations in HK
Commencing position will be commensurate with qualifications, relevant experience and competencies.
Interested parties please submit your resume with current & expected salary and availability (quote the reference number on the email subject) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will remain open until the position is filled. HKSTP reserves the right not to fill the position.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. All personal data collected will be used strictly in accordance with employer’s personal data policies, you can access to HKSTP’s Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.hkstp.org/hkstp_web/en/hkstp/personal-information-collection-statement-recruitment
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.