EXPERIENCE CENTRE OVERVIEW
Welcome to the Experience Centre (the “Event”)! The Event is organized by the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (the “Organiser”). Set out below are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) of Event which shall include any additional terms and/or modifications of the Terms made by the Organiser from time to time. In interpreting the Terms, words (1) importing a gender include any other gender; and (2) in the singular include the plural and vice versa.
By registering for the Event you are deemed to have agreed to comply with the Terms.
- The Event is open and offered to individuals (the “Participants”) by invitation only.
- Invitation of the Event is not transferable.
- Participant may only participate in the Event and enter the Experience Centre if his registration is confirmed by the Organiser.
- The Experience Centre is opened from 9:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, except public holidays. No Participant is allowed to participate in the Event and/or enter the Experience Centre outside the Operating Hours.
Each Participant must register either through online or on-site registration before participating in the Event.
Where possible, Participant should register through online registration as set out in the invitation and accurately and truthfully complete the online registration form. PRIOR TO REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT, EACH PARTICIPANT MUST AGREE WITH AND PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT AND ACCEPTANCE TO THE TERMS. PARTICIPANT WHO IS NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH THE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR AND PROCEED WITH THE EVENT.
While Participants should where possible register the Event through online registration; however, Participants may register the Event at the Experience Centre. Please follow Organiser’s instructions at the Experience Centre for on-site registration.
For the avoidance of doubt, only individuals with invitation of the Event from the Organiser may proceed to register the Event on-site.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Each Participant represents and warrants that all information provided in the registration (either online registration or on-site registration) and in relation to the participation of the Event is complete, accurate and truthful.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE
Organiser, its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be released and held harmless by any Participant for any claims, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind or nature for any injury, loss or damages of any kind including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons, including without limitation disability or death. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, everything in connection with the Event is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties and merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Each Participant agrees that he will indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless on demand from and against all claims, actions liabilities, costs, expenses, loss or damage (including but not limited to consequential losses, loss of profit and loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) incurred by the Organiser arising from or relating to (directly or indirectly) any default or any violation of any of his obligations under the Terms.
- Personal Data will be collected during your journey at the Event (the “Journey”) and more details of Personal Data to be collected during the Journey and the respective usages can be found in the following link (https://www.hkstp.org/media/4372/hkstp-experience-centre_tc_data-collection-usage_10172020.pdf).
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, each Participant must agree to the said collection of Personal Data during the Journey and the respective usages before proceed with the Event.
- The Experience Centre will be monitored and recorded by CCTV at all times for security purpose.
- The Organiser reserves all right to cancel or make changes to the Event. Should there be cancellations or changes, announcements will be made on event website https://www.hkstp.org/en/our-community/park-life/experience-centre/, and email notifications will be sent to registered Participants.
- The Orgnaiser reserves the right to change the contents, journey and/or format of the Event without prior notification.
- Only confirmed Participants shall be eligible to participate in the Event.
- Participants should arrive the Experience Centre on time. The Organiser reserves the right to shorten the Journey or re-schedule the visit to the Experience Centre of any Participant who is late for 15 minutes or more.
- The followings are not allowed in the Experience Centre :
a. Illegal, disruptive or offensive behaviors, including but not limited to, running, using profanity, making noise, throw objects and melt or burn objects;
b. Any firearm, ammunition or any other weapons;
c. Smoking of tabacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor;
d. Illegal drugs and alcoholic drinks;
f. Items which may be offensive or hazardous to health;
g. Any forms of demonstration or acts of protest, any banners, posters, placards, leaflets or publicity and display materials with contents which are of commercial, abusive, threatening, discriminatory, religious or political nature;
h. Kites or remote-controlled flying devices;
i. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, or rollerblades; and
j. Other items or activities which may be illegal, harmful, disruptive, offensive or may impede the operation of the Experience Centre as determined by the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse anyone’s entry to the Event and to request any person to cease participating in the Event at any time if in the sole discretion of the Organiser, such person (i) fails to comply with any of the Terms; or (ii) is found to have behaved in an illegal or anti-social manner; or (iii) is found to have violated any of these Terms. The decision of the Organiser in this regard shall be binding and conclusive.
- Each Participant must follow all Organiser’s instructions, comply with all notices posted at the Experience Centre and consider the safety of other Participants.
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times within the Experience Centre.
- Participants under age of 18 shall be supervised and taken care by elderly at all times and must be accompanied by a Participant aged 18 or older within the Experience Centre.
- Photography, videotaping, recording of any kind within the Experience Centre is prohibited unless expressly permitted by the Organiser.
- No eating or drinking is allowed within the Experience Centre unless expressly permitted by the Organiser.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the Terms, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission on its part. Participants attending the Event are responsible for their own valuables and the Organiser will not be liable for any loss or damage to any personal property brought to the Experience Centre.
- If any provision contained in the Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
- Any failure or delay on the part of the Organiser to enforce any of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any of its rights hereunder.
- Interpretation of any of the Terms is the sole prerogative of the Organiser. All decisions by the Organiser regarding the interpretation of the Terms and any issues arising from the Event shall be binding and conclusive on all Participants.
- The Terms shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong