[Hong Kong, 12 November 2014] – APAC Innovation Summit (“AIS”), the annual signature event hosted by Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (“HKSTP”) is creating a landmark forum where more than 100 leading minds and influencers from around the world will gather to mutually inspire new thinking models and engage in forward-thinking dialogue on knowledge and technology transfers, upcoming mega-trends in technology, innovation policy design and implementation, market adaptation of science and technology projects, as well as winning interplay between angel investment, venture capital and technopreneurs.
AIS presents an array of visionary speakers
Entering into its 10th anniversary, AIS has enhanced its sharing and learning experience through the week-long programme which features International Knowledge Transfer Conference, Tech forums, Main Conference, Hong Kong Technology Showcase, Hong Kong Venture Capital and Angel Investment Conference and FT Innovate Asia.
The Main Conference on 3 December will bring together the insights and experience of government representatives from Israel, Singapore, Sweden and Mainland China, strategic advisors from the U.K., the U.S., as well as business leaders from France, Japan and Switzerland. They will discuss the catalytic role of a government’s innovation policy to a society’s quantum leap in economic development, and how everyone in the knowledge-based ecosystem can contribute and benefit from the increasingly interconnected global innovation landscape. Retired National Basketball Association (NBA) player and founder of Yao Foundation, Dr Yao Ming, will also share how his sports career is relevant to big data. Other speakers include:
- Mr Lin Bin, Co-founder & President, Xiaomi Inc., China
- Dr Cao Jianlin, Vice Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology, China
- Mr Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Chairman & CEO, Schneider Electric, France
- Mr Li Dongsheng, Chairman, CEO and Founder of TCL Corporation, China
- Dr Paul Friedli, Head of Advanced Research, Schindler Ltd, Switzerland
- Mr Samuel Shen, COO, Microsoft Asia-Pacific R&D Group; Chairman, Microsoft Asia-Pacific Technology Company Ltd.; General Manager, Microsoft Cloud and Enterprise Group (China)
- Mr Teo Ser Luck, Minister of State for Trade and Industry and Mayor for North East District CDC, , Singapore
- Professor Tsui Lap-Chee, GBS, JP, President, Victor and William Fung Foundation
- Mr Ido Sharir, Director General, Ministry of Science, Technology and Space, Israel
Hong Kong Technology Showcase is a platform to discover, connect and collaborate
As part of AIS, Hong Kong Technology Showcase held between 4 December and 6 December embodies HKSTP’s commitment to building a vibrant ecosystem of innovation and technology for Hong Kong through the collaboration with local universities, research institutes and industry leaders. It is a platform to discover over 200 home grown innovation projects and technologies that are ready for commercialisation. Some of these research success include:
- Personalised neural stem cells for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases and impaired areas of animals
- Advanced trucks arrival notification system for the cargo industry
- New generation of antibiotics for combating “superbugs”
- High-performance sports suit
The Showcase is also a place where new partnerships can be forged. Participants and research experts can identify new partners and reinforce existing business relationships to turn technologies ready for commercialization into a viable reality.
“HKSTP is committed to building a vibrant ecosystem for the development of Hong Kong’s innovation and technology. AIS is the platform where well-known technology, academic and business leaders, as well as government representatives to come together to exchange policy directions, connect and discover new technologies, as well as explore collaboration opportunities. This year we took the initiative to line up local universities and R&D centres for a large-scale showcase on home grown technologies which are ready for commercialisation. This is another important move demonstrating our commitment to help Hong Kong reinforce its position as a leading R&D hub and a prolific launch pad of marketable innovations,” said Allen Ma, Chief Executive Officer, HKSTP.
To register for APAC Innovation Summit 2014, please visit http://www.apacinnosummit.net
where you can also find information on the speakers and a full programme.