What is SPARK?
A membership program (“SPARK”) managed by Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (“HKSTP”) aims to engage HKSTP friends together to learn, have fun, show love and enjoy offers
Who can join SPARK?
Any staff of HKSTP partner companies (i.e. registered companies in Hong Kong Science Park, Innocentre at Kowloon Tong and Industrial Estates in TKO, Yuen Long and Tai Po) (“Partner Companies”)
Why join SPARK?
SPARK offers different events and programs for members to enjoy working life in HKSTP community. You can
- learn from our seminars and workshops,
- have fun in our sports games and networking activities,
- show your love to community, and
- enjoy special members’ offers
Any fee to join SPARK?
Terms and Conditions
- Duly registered member of SPARK (“Member”) must be a current lawful employee of Partner Companies. In case of doubt, HKSTP reserves the absolute right to determine whether any company is a Partner Company, and such determination will be conclusive for all purposes.
- SPARK membership will be automatically terminated once the member is no longer working at any of Partner Companies or the Partner Company has moved-out or otherwise ceased to be a HKSTP Partner Company.
- SPARK membership is free and membership is not transferable and may only be used by the Member. Misuse of membership or programme benefits, including, but not limited to fraud, misconduct, or any breach, non-compliance or non-observance of these Terms and Conditions or any terms and conditions from time to time applicable to any specific SPARK events and programs may result in immediate termination or suspension of membership, or withdrawal of benefits without prior notice or compensation whatsoever.
- Individual SPARK event and program may be subject to additional and separate terms and conditions. By taking part in any individual SPARK event and program, Members agree to read, understand, observe and be bound by those terms and conditions applicable to such SPARK event and program.
- HKSTP reserves the right to from time to time modify the SPARK programme structure, benefits and other features, including these Terms and Conditions with immediate effect upon implementation of the changes (in case of modification of these Terms and Conditions, upon announcement, by posting of the modified version on the SPARK website or mobile application (if any), or in such manner as HKSTP otherwise considers appropriate). Although HKSTP will use reasonable efforts to notify Members of material modification to SPARK and/or to these Terms and Conditions, it is the responsibility of Members to keep themselves up to date in respect of the SPARK programme details and these Terms and Conditions. Any use of SPARK by a Member after any changes become effective will be deemed as acceptance of all those changes and agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as so changed. Neither HKSTP nor Partner Companies will in any circumstances be liable for loss or damage resulting from any modifications to SPARK or to these Terms and Conditions.
- Any information provided by or through SPARK or any specific SPARK events and programmes (“SPARK Information”) are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis. Neither HKSTP nor Partner Companies make any representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, in relation to any SPARK Information, including but not limited to:
- Any SPARK Information is accurate, adequate, complete, secure, up-to-date, reliable, merchantable, fit for any particular purpose or correspond with any description or sample (if any);
- Access to and use of any SPARK Information will be continuously available, uninterrupted or function properly; or
- Errors or other defects in any SPARK Information will be corrected.
- Members are fully and solely responsible for the security of their SPARK membership ID and passwords and all actions and consequences of access or use of SPARK through such ID and passwords. HKSTP shall not be liable in the event that a Member's password is disclosed or compromised, whether intentionally or not, so as to allow a third person access to the Member’s account to make transactions.
- Multiple memberships are not permitted. Each Member must maintain only one membership account. HKSTP reserves the right to immediately terminate any duplicated account without any compensation or prior notice.
- To register, SPARK applicants must provide required information specified by SPARK to validate the applicants’ identity. HKSTP reserves the absolute right to approve or decline any application at its sole and absolute discretion without giving any reason. By submitting or having submitted an application for SPARK membership, a SPARK applicant or Member is deemed to have represented and warranted that all information provided by the SPARK applicant or Member are true, complete and not misleading. In case if any change to those information provided by a Member, the Member shall notify HKSTP immediately through the communication channels from time to time specified on the SPARK website or mobile application (if any).
SPARK points and offer
- SPARK Members may be from time to time offered SPARK points (“SPARK Points”) to enjoy or redeem SPARK membership benefits from time to time offered by HKSTP.
- Grant, use and expiry of SPARK Points are subject to and limited by rules from time to time adopted by HKSTP. HKSTP reserves the right to at its absolute and ultimate discretion grant, withhold, or withdraw any SPARK Points or offers to all or any particular SPARK Members, and any decisions of HKSTP in such respects are final and binding on all SPARK Members. SPARK Points will only be granted or credited after membership application has been duly approved and a membership card has been duly issued to such Member.
- All SPARK Points held by a Member will be automatically lapse and become void and invalid once the membership of the Member is terminated for any reasons whatsoever, and no compensation whatsoever therefor will be payable to the Member.
- Subject to availability and HKSTP’s final decision, Member may use his/her SPARK Points to redeem products, rewards, services, or participation in events or programs (if any) from time to time offered by HKSTP. HKSTP reserves the right to at any time change or cancel any offers without prior notice to Member. HKSTP shall not be liable for any loss of SPARK Points or loss or damage suffered by Members or third parties as a result of any events or circumstances that prevent any Member to use, access or retrieve Member’s SPARK Points or any offers or information relating thereto, including but not limited to those caused by technical defect or error of HKSTP’s information systems.
- Neither SPARK Points nor any offers to SPARK Members are exchangeable or redeemable for cash. SPARK Points and offers to SPARK Members are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Members should research about the offers details. SPARK events, programmes, benefits or offers may be provided, organized, sponsored, manufactured by or sourced from any third parties service provider(s), organizer(s), sponsor(s) and/or manufacturer(s). HKSTP makes no warranty or representation whatsoever in relation to any events, programmes, benefits or offers whether they are provided by HKSTP or third parties including but not limited to their merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, safety, quality or correspondence with sample or description thereof (if provided). Any claims including inter alia warranty claims in respect of any events, programmes, benefits or offers should be directed to the relevant service provider(s), organizer(s), sponsor(s) and/or manufacturer(s).
- HKSTP shall in no circumstances have any liability to any Members or third parties for any claim for loss of profits or anticipated savings, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, loss of business opportunity, punitive damages, losses suffered by any Members or third parties or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special loss, damage or expenses suffered by any Members or third parties regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, strict liability or tort (including negligence) arising out of or incidental to any Terms or Conditions contained herein including but not limited to Member’s application, SPARK Membership, participation in any SPARK events or programmes, withholding or withdrawal of SPARK Points by HKSTP, redemption, enjoyment or use of any SPARK membership benefits or offers and/or termination of SPARK or membership.
- For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding any other provisions contained herein but subject to Clause 15 above, HKSTP’s aggregate liability by reason of or arising out of these Terms and Conditions and regardless of the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise) is limited to HKD100. In jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain types of liability, HKSTP’s liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by laws of such jurisdiction.
- HKSTP reserves the absolute right to at any time terminate SPARK, SPARK membership of any individual Member and/or any specific SPARK events and programs with immediate effect without any cause, compensation or prior notice.
Privacy and data collection policy
- HKSTP reserves the sole discretion and final decision on SPARK membership, events organisation, SPARK Points and offers.