The Science and Technology Entrepreneur Programme (STEP) is a one-year programme designed to nurture tech-focused entrepreneurs to become successful startups and help them turn their brilliant ideas into reality.
Through the programme, entrepreneurs will receive all-rounded support from HKSTP to acquire the essential skills to launch their new ventures. Apart from business model design and investment training, they will also receive guidance on fine-tuning ideas and technical development.
Participating entrepreneurs will also have access to HKD$ 100,000 seed funding and a co-working space during the 12-month programme to realise their ideas.
To maximise the effectiveness the programme, a series of training will be arranged for the participants covering the following topics:
- Hong Kong’s startup ecosystem
- Technical skills on the latest technologies
- Business model and business plan
- Pitching preparation
- Investment and finance
- Funding support in Hong Kong
Individuals, companies and teams who meet the following criteria are welcomed to join the STEP programme:
- Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) holders aged 18 or above OR
- Companies incorporated in Hong Kong for less than 1 year OR
- Team applicants that incorporate and register a company in Hong Kong before starting the programme
Qualitative Assessment Criteria
- The quality and competence of the individual/team
- A sound business plan
- The quality of being innovative
- R&D content
The 1st intake will be opened in late 2018. Details will be announced soon.