- iDM2 (aka iDM-square) stands for “Idea, Design, Manufacture and Market”, a loop to describe the idea realisation journey
- iDM2 is HKSTP's new hardware product development programme designed to help startups shorten the hardware development cycle and lower R&D and production costs. HKSTP and programme partners coach Park companies in market analysis, market positioning, meeting accreditation criteria and IP application as they progress to commercially-viable production, enabling them to leverage the innovation momentum and tap the production prowess of the Greater Bay Area.
- iDM2 is a six-month hardware accelerator that expedites and supports startups in product development, including:
- “Design for Manufacturing” training/workshops (8 modules in 27 sessions)
- Greater Bay Area (GBA) workshops with leading manufacturers
- Clinic/consultation/coaching with experts from 10 manufacturing fields
- Industry leaders in design and manufacturing will share professional knowledge and insights to fully equip participating startups to take ownership of the design to manufacturing process
The first-batch graduates of iDM2 joined a 3-day tour to connect with leading factories and manufacturing partners in Songshan Lake, Dongguan, China in March 2019. The tour offered opportunities for startups to match up with manufacturing partners and mentors for overcoming various issues at the hardware development stage. This is definitely something they cannot gain in a normal classroom. Watch the video to know more.
- The 2019 Spring intake is open to HKSTP incubatees, partner companies, Sci-Tech Challenge candidates, or FHKI STAR Programme candidates
- 2 representatives from each participating companies are required for the enrollment
- Applicants will be selected to participate the program based on their product development status
What will you gain from iDM2?
- Overcome hurdles to translate your design idea into a finished product
- Master the product development costs
- Able to develop an overall plan that covers market identification, intellectual property and accreditation requirements
- Access manufacturing capacities in the Greater Bay Area (GBA) for prototyping and manufacturing
- Companies with iDM2 finished product will be recommended to join Global Acceleration Academy (GAA), Technologies from Science Park Programme and IndustryConnect Service for acceleration to the next level
Target Market & Clients
Better Project Planning
Design Thinking & Design for Manufacturing
Minimum Viable Product
(MVP) Design with Prototype
Greater Bay Area
(GBA) Supply Chain