- To ensure the availability of various R&D tools or platforms for supporting researchers.
- To provide quality technical support in assisting local life science research activities.
- To reduce the financial burden for life science startups in the acquisition and maintenance of expensive instruments.
- To enable knowledge sharing and networking among partner companies through various in-house activities, thereby enhancing research efficiency and partnership opportunity.
The BSC was opened in March 2009 to serve the Biotech cluster in the areas of:
- Medical devices and diagnostics
- Chinese medicine
- Regenerative medicine
- Molecular tools and reagents
Today, BSC has a total floor space of about 8,700 sq. ft. It is a central facility, which comprises Workstation/Utility Room, Culture Room, Dark Room, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Microscope Room, Genomics Laboratory, Proteomics Laboratory, Bioanalysis Laboratory, Microbiology Laboratory, and Server Room. We provide more than 60 pieces of ready-to-use life sciences instruments for shared R&D use.
In addition to the laboratory instruments, BSC also offers world-class Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), University Advanced Laboratory Equipment Collaboration Programme (an extended laboratory instrument service), and Convenience Laboratory Product Purchase Plan (CLPPP – a common laboratory consumable stock room service) to the life science community.