An applicant shall meet the following conditions to be admitted as a tenant.
- An application shall engage in technology intensive business and place knowledge-based innovation functions that encompass decision making, research, product and market development, advanced manufacturing, customer support and associated services as a significant part of its operations in Science Park.
- An applicant's operations in Science Park should not be primarily in mass production, although small-scale pilot production or high value-added production in support of product and market development and innovation may be permitted.
- An applicant's operations in Science Park should be environmentally friendly.
An applicant's operations in Science Park must contribute to the long-term economic success of Hong Kong through the development, enhancement and / or application of innovation and technology.Examples of eligible applicants are:
- Companies engaging in the following activities:
- Research and development of products, services and processes including market research, product management and related activities.
- Product or process engineering, qualification and related product and production support activities.
- Headquarters operations encompassing one or more of the above functions.
- Inward investing companies who wish to start up and expand in Hong Kong and plan to engage in activities listed in (1bi.) within a preset period agreed in advance with Science Park Administration.
- Start-up companies planning to engage in the above listed activities. Examples are companies growing out of university research activities or incubation programmes or companies founded by entrepreneurs within the HKSAR.
- Companies engaging in the following activities:
Priority will be given to companies who :
- are world leaders (actual or potential) in innovation technology, brand recognition, market coverage and/or operation excellence
- are contributing members of fostering clusters
- have a long-term commitment to building technology competence in Hong Kong through investment in people and intellectual property
- provide a significant number of high value-added innovation and technology jobs locally; and/or
- are engaged in the areas of Electronics, Information & Communications Technology (ICT), Biomedical Technology, Material and Precision Engineering or Green Technology.
Please Click here for more details of the application procedure.
Regional-headquarters (RHQ) and regional offices (RO)
- Require a technical person (i.e. CTO, R&D Manager, Engineering Manager) in charge of R&D on the regional basis.
- Resume/C.V. and title/position of this technical person is required to submit for evaluation, as well as organisation chart of Parent Company showing the role of RHQ/RO.
Professional Service Providers
- Professional companies providing value-added services e.g. IP service providers, Corporate service providers (mainly accounting and legal service providers), and HR and IT outsourcing service providers are also admissible to Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation.
- All applicants shall engage in creativity intensive businesses, with design-related activities as listed in paragraph 1.02(a). An applicant should engage at least 50% of space and manpower in design-related activities; the remaining percentage can be used for headquarters functions, such as financial control, marketing and administration. Individual cases may be considered on their own merits at the Corporation’s discretion.
- An applicant’s primary operation in InnoCentre should not be in the retail business or solely engaged in marketing or used as business office and/or engaged in mass production, although small-scale pilot production or high value-added production in support of product and market development and innovation may be permitted.
- An applicant’s operation in InnoCentre should undertake an ethical, professional and environmentally friendly business, capable of operating in a studio/office environment and should be engaged in activities which do not handle hazardous or obscene materials.
An applicant’s operation in InnoCentre must contribute to the long-term economic success of Hong Kong through the development, enhancement and/or application of innovation.
- Companies engaged in the following design activities are acceptable (this list is by no means exhaustive):
- Lifestyle & Product Design
- Branding, Design Research & Design Services
- Multimedia & Interactive Design, Film & User Experience
- Inter-disciplinary design integrating with technology
- Others to be determined on the individual basis by the HKSTP
- Inward investing companies who wish to start a business or expand operation in Hong Kong and plan to engage in activities listed in 1.02(a) are welcome.
Priority will be given to companies as follows:
- Companies are market leaders (actual or potential) engage in design activities as specified in paragraph 1.02(a)
- Companies have a long-term commitment to building innovation and/or creativity competence in Hong Kong through investment in people and intellectual property
- Companies would provide a significant number of high value-added innovation jobs locally
- Companies would contribute to strengthen the design capability in Hong Kong
Interested companies should complete the “Application form for new tenancy – Q Form – InnoCentre” signed by an authorised representative of the applicant and send it to the Marketing and Sales Division of Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation.
|Address:||InnoCentre Marketing Office, Unit 129, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon.|
|Tel:||+852 2629 6620 / +852 2629 6776|
No fee is needed for lodging the “Application for Admission”. The employees and leasing agents of Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) are not permitted to solicit or accept advantages from applicants.
HKSTP will consider applications and grant admission to successful applicants.
HKSTP will use the information contained in the application to examine the applicant’s contribution to the Hong Kong economy in terms of:
- Amount of projected sales, export or added value;
- Amount of projected investment in design activities;
- Number of projected staff in design activities and other related positions;
- Levels of planned innovation and related design programme;
- Multiplier effects in stimulating the local economy or raising levels of the design industry.
HKSTP will conduct annual reviews with the tenant after the latter has been admitted, so as to verify the implementation and realisation of the planned activities stated in the application. If there are deviations from the planned activities, HKSTP and the tenant will work together to agree on a plan to rectify the situation, so as to meet the admission criteria.