We're all amateur meteorologists, at least right at Science Park.
When you arrive here, you can actually tell the level of PM2.5, lightning activity nearby, or even water quality parameters.
Sensor Hub is a place to monitor the ambient and environmental conditions around us with a series of sensors and IoT tools, offering real-time measurement results, with data available for further analysis.
Objectives of Sensor Hub
- To provide a support platform with laboratory service and testbed for pilots and trials of new sensor devices/systems at HKSTP
- To transform new sensing concepts into real-life applications
- To promote the adoption of new sensor technologies for smart city
- To accelerate the development of new integrated sensor systems and commercialisation
Key Functions of Sensor Hub
- Testing of smart sensors in a heterogeneous living environment
- Acquisition of users’ data and feedback on the smart sensors
- Evaluation of the key building blocks of the smart sensor systems for extending the sensors into new markets and new applications
Interested in putting your sensors here? Contact us here.
Current Sensor Hub projects: