Mentorship for Success
The challenges encountered on the entrepreneurial journey are unique to every startup, which is why mentors, with a lifetime of experience, are perfectly placed to help startups grow and flourish.
In our Incubation and Acceleration Programmes, mentorship is an important asset that leads startups in the right direction for commercial development and success.
Due to our expansive network of industry professionals, we bring in one of the largest pool of mentors for technology startups who are passionate about sharing their industry knowledge and the lessons learnt on their own entrepreneurial journeys. They offer insights beyond any management text book and unique pathways to significant business development opportunities.
Our mentorship programme is goal-oriented and startup-specific. It is open for entrepreneurs who are responsible, proactive, and open-minded. Here’s how it works:
- We help to identify a startup’s unique needs and objectives before engaging a mentor.
- We then match startups with the most suitable mentor from a relevant industry to share their insights and experience.
- Mentors, along with key account managers in the Incubation/Acceleration Programme, hold regular reviews to track progress and pull in any resources required to navigate the startup journey.
Learn from Mentors
Through interaction with mentors, here are some of the areas startups can learn about:
- Defining your company strategy and vision
- Rethinking and prioritising your company goals
- Leading and influencing
- Building effective relationships
- Leveraging resources and networks
- Broadening your business perspectives
- Understanding, at an in-depth level, the opportunities in your sector / industry
Covering a Wide Spectrum of Industries
Through our programme, startups connect with an extensive network of devoted mentors including industry experts, experienced entrepreneurs, active investors, corporate executives, technologists and service professionals.
Here are some of the industries that our mentors come from:
- Manufacturing/Supply Chain
Engagement with Mentors
The level of engagement with each mentor will vary depending on a startup’s needs. We offer support in different categories namely:
- Seasoned Mentors – offer guidance to startups on 6 months term
- Coaches – offer goal-specific advice to startups within defined period, usually on the basis of 3 months
- Domain Experts – help startups with project deliverables
- Entrepreneurs-In-Residence (EIR) - give hands on guidance to startups about growth-critical areas such as business development and branding
Apply for Mentorship
Mentorship is open to members of the STEP, Incu-App, Incu-Tech and LEAP Programmes of HKSTP. Mentorship is offered for periods of 3 to 6 months. Matching of mentors and startups is based on mutual interest and consent.
For enquiries, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org