LEAP gives startups wings to fly and accelerate growth on the world stage
Leading Enterprises Acceleration Programme (LEAP) is a business acceleration programme that caters to startups’ distinctive needs for growth and accelerates their innovation onto the global stage.
Preparing startups to take on the world
LEAP is open to promising technology startups from all industries. It is specifically for startups in growth stages that have the following attributes:
- Innovative technology
- Viable products ready for market
- A scalable business model
- High potential to grow regionally and globally
- A competent, passionate and open-minded team
The programme focuses on the outcomes of acceleratees. Resources are heavily invested so that every LEAP member receives optimal and customised support to realise its full potential and fast-track onto the global stage.
The LEAP programme is highly selective. Upon admission, LEAP acceleratees will be entitled to a full package of subsidies and services, including:
- ACCESS A NEW POWERFUL ECONOMIC CLUSTER = Be at the forefront of the Greater Bay Area – a cluster of 11 cities with a combined population of 65 million and GDP of USD$1.36 trillion (compared to USD$0.76 trillion for San Francisco Bay). It is a powerful business region with a bigger economy than Indonesia, Netherlands and Turkey combined.
- ACCELERATE WITH THE BEST = Commercialise with the largest startup ecosystem in Hong Kong, backed by the Hong Kong Government, and leverage a comprehensive range of world-class professional services (including Branding & Marketing, CPA, Channel Distribution, Legal & IP and fundraising), 70+ leading corporate partners, and 60+ mentors from more than 20 industries.
- TAP FUNDING RESOURCES = Secure funding of up to HK$4.5 million (US$570,000)
- Gain a maximum of HK$1.2 million (US$150,000) funding support to cover the corporate expenses for PR & marketing, professional services and corporate compliance.
- Fund Raising Support
- Access an extensive investor network and assistance and guidance on preparing financing materials, deal structuring and execution, and negotiations with investors.
- Identify an Anchor Customer
- Connect with targeted market leaders to lock in an anchor customer and build the company’s credentials and market presence.
- Risk Management
- Receive guidance to identify, assess and mitigate risks, and build a solid foundation for company growth. Professional services will be provided to help you tackle the potential risks associated with cash flow, IP, compliance and operations.
Upon admission into the Programme, LEAP members must grant a call option to HKSTP for 5% or future valuation based adjustable equity stake in the company.
What the LEAP Companies Say
“LEAP is an amazing platform that has successfully and accurately matched our smart city solutions to targeted users like the government, public organisations and international corporations.
The team members of LEAP are so professional and they give us inspiration and advice about the direction for our company growth.”
— Mr. Wisdom Chan, Founder & CTO, Chain Technology Development Co. Limited
“LEAP is the best accelerator we have joined. The support is well-balanced, from financial and business development to marketing. The LEAP team members are all knowledgeable individuals who have provided us valuable advice about elevating our business.”
— Mr. Louis Hui, Co-Founder, Decodes Limited
“LEAP provided us an all-round channel to observe and learn from other high-flying startups. Consistently, through LEAP, we gain insights and feedback from relevant industry partners, technology enablers and investors on various aspects of our business. LEAP is definitely a ‘doer’ on mentorship, coaching, investor referrals and anything workable for startups. We are undoubtedly grateful to have LEAP to nurture and assist the business development of PlusD in the immediate future.”
— Mr. Li Da, Director, PlusD Technology Limited
“LEAP has demonstrated its professionalism in aiding RV Automation Technology to grow swiftly with comprehensive training and in-depth services in diverse areas, such as fund-raising, investor referrals, business development, company structure reorganisation, marketing, governance and many others.
To further accelerate our business growth, LEAP has assigned renowned Domain Experts and Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs) to offer specialised assistance in finance and budgeting, branding strategy, business model optimization, legal review and so forth. LEAP has simultaneously linked us up with different business opportunities, enabling us to expand our business not only in Hong Kong but also in the Greater Bay Area and the APAC region.”
— Mr. Rio Chau, CEO, RV Automation Technology Co. Ltd
“The LEAP programme is very helpful for technology firms which are at the accelerating stage. We have benefited from a full range of support and training in this Programme.
Through the LEAP team and the dedicated support of a Domain Expert, we have secured Series A Investment and gained HK$36 million in funding in only 10 months. It is an undeniable fact that the programme has exceeded our expectations.”
— Mr. Ken Lui, General Manager, TFS Global Company Limited
Since its inception in 2014, LEAP has helped acceleratees raise over HK$300 million. More than half of the LEAP members have doubled revenues, with some exceeding their growth targets. LEAP members are also pushing their brands globally with an extended reach to more than 20 economies including the United States, China, the United Kingdom, Russia, Australia and Southeast Asia.
To be eligible for LEAP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Either be a current incubation company or a tenant of HKSTP
- Have its headquarters, executive functions and corporate CEO based in Hong Kong
- Have less than 100 employees
- At least 50% of full-time staff members based in Hong Kong engaging in technology-related work
- Off-campus applicants shall obtain qualification approval for moving into Hong Kong Science Park premises as a regular office/laboratory tenant within 6 months of admission into LEAP, and comply with HKSTP tenancy/safety requirements.