- Oversee the daily operation of the co-working chemistry lab
- Work closely with the Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) team to offer a safe working environment
- Provide safety training, review all the chemicals to be used and stored in the lab and arrange their disposal
- Assist in technical writing such as Standard Operating Procedures, technical notes, guidelines and flow charts
- Interact with users to understand their technical requirements and develop effective solutions
- Provide instrumentation and application support at Biomedical Technology Support Centre (BSC)
- Assist in equipment purchase
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors and management
- Bachelor or Master degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related science discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in laboratory, experience in chemistry and microbiology lab is preferred. Candidate with less experience but a higher qualification will also be considered.
- Good knowledge of high precision analytical instruments such as HPLC and LC-MS
- Familiar with occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Good analytical, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Proficient in MS office (Words, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week and generous benefits including medical and life insurance. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 5/F, Building 5E, 5 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Hong Kong or, by email to email@example.com on or before 25 February 2019. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. All personal data collected will be used strictly in accordance with employer’s personal data policies, you can access to HKSTP’s Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.hkstp.org/hkstp_web/en/hkstp/personal-information-collection-statement-recruitment
Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.