- Assist Project Director (E&M) in managing and planning all capital/non-capital works projects of the Corporation to ensure projects are accomplished in time, within budget, to required quality and safety standards;
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders in accomplishing project objectives. Provide technical support and expert advice on discipline-related issues to other members of the project team, as well as to in-house staff of other divisions;
- Prepare procurement documents for selection/appointment of consultants and to follow up on subsequent management and monitoring of their performance;
- Consolidating project requirements from various stakeholders in finalizing project briefs, and to co-ordinate with the project team to produce preliminary and detailed designs, tender/construction documents, and to manage the procurement and construction process;
- Independently handle improvement and minor works, including term contracts, defects-rectification works, fitting out, alteration and addition works. Production of drawings/tender documents for selection/appointment of contractor/s and drawings/graphics for presentation;
- Coordinate with consultants, government departments and relevant organizations on project planning, design and implementation;
- Prepare Papers and Reports for approval by the Board, Committees and Task Force of the Corporation;
- Ensure compliance with the Corporation’s guidelines and Delegation Authority for capital works projects;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possession of a Bachelor degree or above in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline/qualifications. Higher qualification in construction project management, facility management or business management is preferred;
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant working experience in project management of building and infrastructure development or in site co-ordination of building projects. Experience in developing and managing R&D offices, university/institutional buildings, hospital, laboratory is preferred; Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Project Manager;
- Member of a recognized local professional institute in the discipline of Building Services Engineering, Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or related disciplines. Possession of Chartered Engineer and / or Registered Professional Engineer / Registered Energy Assessors status as recognized by the Government Departments is must for Senior Project Manager and is preferable for Project Manager
- Experience in managing projects from inception to completion including handover;
- Experience in procuring and managing consultants, contract administration of large scale projects, claim and EOT assessment as well as supervision of minor works contracts, term contracts, and/or facility management;
- Knowledge of statutory requirements and procedures for development projects in Hong Kong;
- Conversant with graphics presentation tools. Skill on graphic software such as MS Visio, Adobe, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, Primavera, Microsoft Project, Revit and project management / design related computer application will be an advantage;
- Self-driven, independent, problem solving with good interpersonal skill;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week and generous benefits including medical and life insurance. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 5/F, Building 5E, 5 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Hong Kong or, by email to email@example.com on or before 28 January 2020. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. All personal data collected will be used strictly in accordance with employer’s personal data policies, you can access to HKSTP’s Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.hkstp.org/hkstp_web/en/hkstp/personal-information-collection-statement-recruitment
Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.