Assist Associate Director, Contract Management in effective and efficient financial and contractual management of capital/non-capital works projects to ensure that they remain within budget and in full compliance with corporate financial and cost control procedures. Details are listed below:
- Participate in feasibility studies and establish project budgets, identify comprehensive and innovative value engineering solutions to achieve value for money;
- Manage and control approved budgets and anticipate potential financial issues with a view to achieving project completion within budget;
- Prepare Papers and Reports for approval by the Board, Committees and Task Force of the Corporation;
- Prepare procurement documents for selection/appointment of consultants and to follow up on subsequent management and monitoring of their performance;
- Oversee cost and contract administration of consultants and contractors;
- Review cost estimates, cost plans and schedule of rates prepared by consultants to ensure effective cost control and compliance with project specifications;
- Manage and review tender documents prepared by consultants;
- Manage and monitor project changes to ensure timely authorization of commitments for implementation;
- Review and advise on claim issues, and implement preventive measures for minimizing future contractual claims and disputes by consultants and contractors;
- Prepare financial reports to inform senior management and project users of project status;
- Prepare cash flow/expenditure forecasts for financial control purposes;
- Preparation of budget plans for departmental operational expenditure;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possession of a Bachelor degree or above in Surveying, Architecture, Building, Engineering or related disciplines;
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant working experience in cost estimating, cost control, procurement and contract administration of major multi-disciplinary construction projects;
- Member of a recognized local professional institute in the discipline of Surveying, Architecture, Building, Engineering or related disciplines;
- Experience in procuring and managing consultants, contract administration of large scale projects, claim and EOT assessment as well as supervision of minor works contracts and term contracts;
- Experience in developing and managing R&D offices, university/institutional buildings, hospital, laboratory is preferred;
- Self-driven, independent, problem solving with good interpersonal skill;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week and generous benefits including medical and life insurance. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 8/F, Bio-Informatics Centre, No. 2 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, N.T., Hong Kong or, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 December 2018. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. All personal data collected will be used strictly in accordance with employer’s personal data policies, you can access to HKSTP’s Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.hkstp.org/hkstp_web/en/hkstp/personal-information-collection-statement-recruitment
Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.