Report to the General Counsel and assist the General Counsel on compliance and legal related matters, including the following:
- Advise management on possible legal and business risks, contribute to the overall corporate governance framework to protect corporation’s reputation;
- Give accurate and timely counsel to different divisions on various legal issues such as leasing and property management, construction projects, employment-related issues, etc.;
- Draft, review and provide feedback on agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the corporation is well protected;
- Assist companies with IP issues, training and possible IP trading matters;
- Work closely with the corporate compliance team on any regulatory investigation;
- Liaise with external counsel where necessary on legal matters.
- Qualified lawyer (Hong Kong and/or other common law jurisdiction) preferable;
- Minimum 12 years’ relevant working experience in legal and compliance related disciplines, preferably with at least 2 years in-house experience;
- Good knowledge of intellectual properties laws;
- Solid experience in leasing and property management, construction projects and/or employment related issues will be an added advantage;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze solutions and information;
- Attention to detail with good analytical, problem-solving, organizational and management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with members of Board and management team;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week and generous benefits including medical and life insurance. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 5/F, Building 5E, 5 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Hong Kong or, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25 August 2019. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. All personal data collected will be used strictly in accordance with employer’s personal data policies, you can access to HKSTP’s Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.hkstp.org/hkstp_web/en/hkstp/personal-information-collection-statement-recruitment
Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.