- Advise the Board and Committees on its roles and responsibilities and governance matters including compliance with HKSTP Ordinance, policies and guidelines and other regulatory requirements;
- Review and recommend update on the Terms of Reference of the Committees, Working Groups, Task Forces, Corporate Governance Guide (including Code of Conduct), Corporate Governance Report, Schedule of Delegation of Authorities, record management policy and classification of documents;
- Arrange induction and continuous professional development programmes for Board Members to familiarize with operations of the Corporation (with its vision and mission and future operating plan) and to update their Board governance knowledge and skills;
- Oversee knowledge management and electronic document management system in relation to policies and guidelines approved by the Board and Committees;
- Oversee Corporate Secretariat team and prepare the full-year plan for Board and Committee and working groups, task forces Chairmen with key items and maintain an updated summary/contact list of current and former Board Members;
- Organize Board, Committee and various senior management meeting and ensure statutory and corporate secretariat services are properly managed;
- Provide company secretarial services to subsidiary companies of the Corporation and act as their Company Secretary under the Companies Ordinance requirements;
- Advise management on possible legal and business risks, contribute to the overall corporate governance framework to protect corporation’s reputation;
- Draft, review and provide feedback on agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the corporation is well protected.
- University degree in Law preferred;
- A qualified Company Secretary with minimum 12 years’ relevant experience in legal, corporate governance and corporate secretarial areas;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze solutions and information;
- Attention to detail with good analytical, problem-solving, organizational and management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with members of Board and management team;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Candidates with lower qualification and less experience will be considered for lower position.
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week and generous benefits including medical and life insurance. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 5/F, Building 5E, 5 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Hong Kong or, by email to email@example.com on or before 25 August 2019. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. All personal data collected will be used strictly in accordance with employer’s personal data policies, you can access to HKSTP’s Personal Information Collection Statement at https://www.hkstp.org/hkstp_web/en/hkstp/personal-information-collection-statement-recruitment
Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after application deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.