- adopt a systematic approach to identify, manage and control SHE hazards and risks;
- define clear SHE roles and accountabilities within HKSTP, and provide the associated supervision and training;
- comply with applicable legislation, regulations, and related requirements in our SHE management system;
- engage our partner companies, suppliers and contractors to work in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible manner; and
- monitor and communicate our SHE performance, and innovate for continual improvement.
When opportunities come knocking, we encourage our staff to participate in local and overseas technical training programmes that will enhance their professional development, expand their horizons and most importantly, inspire them.
At the heart of our efforts is clear, open communication. Whenever we have a chance, we show our staff the bigger picture and how their work is vital to our organisation’s overall development. Townhall Meetings are held to give updates on operations, key achievements and challenges. Employees are always encouraged to share their thoughts and ask questions.
All work and no play, does NOT equal big ideas.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we want them to excel. And to do that, they must be well rested, and motivated. Work-life balance is at the core of all we do. We work closely with our people on all levels of our organisation, and actively manage workloads and priorities.
Most importantly, we talk to our people, understand their needs and aspirations, and ask them for feedback so we too can continue to improve, so everyone wins. One of our key initiatives in this area is the "Sports and Recreation Club". An internal organisation made up of a team of passionate volunteers who dream up and put together regular, fun and healthy activities, including community events that help staff and their families de-stress and kick back, so those great ideas keep on flowing.